Thursday, February 18, 2010

Winter Fashion Forward

I was never that big into Fashion. I always go for comfort rather than style. This is how I have always been; I guess its just one of the cornerstones of being a small market news reporter. Did I need to wear the cutest wedge sandals or reasonable flats when I chase illegal immigrants?  All in a timely manner, you know without having to worry about a rolled ankle or something. Lately fashion is making more of an influence in my life and I am trying to get into it more. Sure I am still incredibly cost conscience and I won’t drop over 75 bucks on a single item, but I am starting to get more fashion forward. Here is what I have been wearing lately.


1. Target Boots in Cognac.
6 ladies in the office have them. I love, love, love em. So comfortable, very cute, and classic. It’s a surprise to everyone that I spent under $30.00 on them. They go with just about everything and I love the flat boot. It’s more casual, but it works for me because I am tall. I don’t feel like a giant when I am running amuck at work. Love them! My favorite item in my closet this season! Knowing Target they are probably gone – if you get lucky enough the name is “Kady by Mossimo” I think they come in black, cognac, and grey.
2. Plaid Shirt Dress:

I know this is a common younger trendy look but I love my yellow plaid shirt dress, it has more of a flannel feel to it, so it’s definitely a late winter piece. It reminds me of something you would see on a college campus but it’s comfortable and somehow is a look most young ladies can pull off. It’s much too short to wear just as a dress alone, I usually wear it with tights, or leggins’ (yes I say leggins’) I have taller cowboy boots and the whole look is really girlie and fun.


3. Nine West Blouse: First… I don’t normally use the word blouse but I wanted to try it today. My mom uses that word. LOL. This has such a flirty little neckline, and so flattering. It is navy blue and I usually pair it with bright accessories. It’s a bit oversized and has sleeves; this is a must—especially this time of year.


4. Roxy Infinity Scarf:

This was a gift from one of my close friends, Rany. It is an infinity scarf and I must tell you I was nervous about the white color. I spill food on myself constantly. It is so cute, and I get so many compliments. It’s SUPER soft and has a cable knit design. It’s the perfect winter accessory. It goes with just about anything and it’s just a great staple. Loves it!


Honorable Mentions: Long John Shirt from JC Penney, University of Minnesota sweatshirt, Ralph Lauren PJ bottoms in XXL, and my NBA green Celtic socks. These are my comfort staples that keep me toasty and happy all winter long.


I could probably live without some of the items above but I do love them so. Anything in your closet you’re LOVIN’ right now?
XOXO, Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment