Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lost Friends

Sorry I have been off the blog-tip for a bit. I apologize. No excuses. But I have a lot more in my arsenal of blog topics. Maybe. Sorry RANT alert... Rant Alert... Rant Alert...



This is more of a RANT than a true blog but it’s just been on my mind for awhile. You know I have always prided myself on being a good friend. My family lives pretty far away and I have always needed my friends for support, guidance, advice-- you get it. So there is a greater emphasis on my friendships. So my main pet peeve with some friends is that they straight up leave when they gain a guy.

 Don't get me wrong. I am a big supporter of relationships and when my girls get a dude I am super hyped. I like handing out advice --even when it’s not asked or appreciated. I like being a sounding board, someone who isn't afraid to listen and not judge. So that is why I have such a huge problem with that "girlfriend" who completely ignores you and others because she now has a "relationship" Remember that valuable friendship that you shared? Remember the laughter and the fun, the teasing and drinks. The simple phone calls talking about a minor thing that made you laugh out loud? Yeah I guess not quite.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular but -- I don't know if it's the single girl in me that causes me to be the victim of this but ...yep I have been there quite a bit. And if I can be candid (why not it's my own blog, right?) Its one of the most riduculous things to have happen to a friendship. Aren't women multi-taskers by nature? Why would you ever ditch your friends for a guy? And let alone a guy you just met, or not even a person that you want to end up with. I have such a hard time with this instance because I know how I feel every time this happens. The sadness of wondering how your "friend" is, or just the loneliness of having a friend at one moment and going weeks without even speaking to her. Oh and I can't forget that this isn't a female-only thing. I have had plenty of guys that are ghost when they start dating a young lady. I can spout off about a dozen names of guys who have done this and I haven't heard from them since. I guess it makes you think that -- perhaps they weren't your "friend" in the first place, or maybe you were filling a void that the new partner somehow filled. I guess I will just reflect on what friendships mean to me. I love the feeling of new relationships and I love the feeling of being wanted, and having the thoughts of finding your mate. But can't you girls manage friendships, work, life, family, and a significant other? It doesn't seem too hard, right?


I am not a love hater....I promise. I love LOVE. C'mon girls. I have high expectations. I want you to be there for me and him. Anyhow, the bad thing is, they don't come back the same. They usually are jaded, or happy. Or chose to spend time with couples rather than the singles. I have a core group of very close, very strong women that I am proud to call friends. And regardless of experience, I would hope that my past will lead me to being a better friend to them.




xoxo,

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel.. I think it has happened to all of us. And it stinks! What I cant believe is that there isnt a line 10 deep of guys trying to date you....

    You are GORGEOUS.
    You are SMART.
    You are FUNNY.
    You are WITTY.
    You are KIND.

    I think you are SUPER special and sweet and I am so excited for all the boys out there to see that too! (or, maybe just ONE boy)

    :)

    See you later this week!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete