Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Take: Healthcare Reform

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! Rant! Rant! Rant! Rant!



So this healthcare bill just passed. People are clearly livid about this whole thing.

Rich people are mad because they will be taxed more on Medicare, Some Americans don’t want to modify the healthcare system that we already have going. Other people who don't have insurance will now have insurance- Apparently. It’s a lot of information to swallow at once. I, for one, don’t know quite as much as I should for such a significant change.

Regardless of how you feel about democrats or republicans I think what we have all lost is a form of respect. Using the N-Word? Spitting? Yelling things on the Senate floor? Really? No wonder we have such an incredible problem with the youth. They don't have positive influences in their lives. And they are certainly not getting it from our latest crop of Politicians. I try very hard not to revealed whether I am a Republican, Democrat, Green Party, Tea Party or Independent, and there is a good reason why: I respect other people’s opinions and their right to chose who they feel best represents their interests and values.


To you: Republican Rep. Randy Neugebauer of Texas Yelled “Baby Killer”
To you: Rep. Joe Wilson of South Carolina Told President Obama “YOU LIE”
Shame on you! Shame on you for being an elected official and not representing your states in an honorable fashion. And finally shame on you for not having respect or decency in a place that carries so much history for our country. Its just plain disrespectful. I thought throwing a shoe at President Bush was disrespectful, this falls right into that despicable category.


And for those of you who say “it’s a sad day in the history of the United States” Really? Really? I challenge you to go back in the history of the United States and look back on “sad days” Or I say to you if you cannot live with the latest healthcare reform measures – pack up your families and head on over to another country that you think will better suit your needs and liberties as a human being.


I am so proud to be an American and proud that I have freedom to express my opinions and live in a country where I can vote, drive, pay taxes, and so on. The cornerstone of being an American is caring about the welfare of its people. I love my freedom of speech and not being censured if I have something to say. So many other countries around this world don’t have the same freedoms that we take for granted. We have prosperity, we have security, and we have law. I am not going down a pro-America rant here; I am just saying at the end of the day, I think that we are going to be okay.
Respectfully Yours,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment