Monday, April 26, 2010

Out & About

This was kind of a busy weekend for me. I usually don’t hit the town 2 nights in a row but I just felt like I needed to go out and have a good time. This was completely and completely unplanned.



Friday Night: I got an email from my good friend, Katy earlier in the afternoon. I think it was five simple words “DO YOU HAVE PLANS TONIGHT”. Checked my social calendar, and what do you know….Completely OPEN. That makes me sound like a bit of lonely, but some weeks I have plans up the wazoo and some weeks I have no plans. This was one of those very open Friday’s, she convinced me (barely) to come to NE Minneapolis and hit up Gasthof’s. I am a big supporter of Germany –and beer so why not? So we geared up with our crew of Marcus, Katy, and I and headed out. It was a lot of fun. Normally its really packed and its hard to navigate in this basement bar... but with the weather being kinda icky and Spring Jam (Fest) whatever... it was kinda quiet. Even better!! Gigantic beers + Polka Music + No Service on my phone = GREAT TIME. They played “Roll out the Barrel” and I was caught in the crossfire of an old man who wanted to dance. Now this wasn’t your normal creepy old man, He seemed like a sweet old dude, who loved to dance. His wife was currently being danced with by some other non-sober young man.  Long story short, I needed to take my inhaler after he made me dance. I am terribly uncoordinated and drinking a gigantic beer and wearing semi high heels doesn’t really help. We also stopped by the Bulldog and I ran into an OLD college friend from SCSU, she is still in the biz and doing well working as an anchor on a morning show. She seemed so happy and it was so random to run into her because she lives out of state. I will say this about NE Minneapolis. It is such a different vibe, I love it. It’s such a refreshing change from going out in Uptown or even Downtown. Lots more Chillaxin’ and I like it.

Saturday: Was a semi celebration for the newly 30 year old Bridget. We had planned a night out and it finally happened, she brought along her friend, Steph and I invited Katy for another night out. We settled on the W and it was fun. Prohibition makes the best drinks, and I had a few doozies, they don’t skim on the style of drinks they create, and that made the night that much better (I had a cucumber martini and a Rico Suave – both delicious) We stopped by Prohibition but spent the majority of time down in the Living Room bar. Bridget seemed to have a good time and we got in a lot of great people watching. Like a LOT – it’s so hard to decide what people are doing or thinking. It’s so strange. I like watching randoms,and how people interact, this is like some sort of game for me. I know it's weird, but what else do you do when you go out... Oh, I did get “hit on” in a very awkward way. Sparing you the very colorful details – he was not originally from this country and he said that I was a “black nerd” (I sincerely think HE thought it was a compliment) I don’t know how to feel about this one. Sure, I wear glasses but – I wouldn’t classify myself as a nerd per say. I try not to judge, and I try not to let people who have previously consumed alcohol bother me, but this one was one of those strange occurrences where you ask yourself “What?” Wow. There is never a dull moment when it comes to my single life. Sometimes I just shake my head… at what happens. I am sure this happens to other fortunate single girls in the city… Also a guy approached, but he had a disclaimer that he was “married” and simply wanted to know what I was drinking. And the cross-dressing guy who was wearing a Britney Spears type outfit (think – Oops I did it again video, red latex)


It’s nice to go out –after you take a long hiatus from going out, but I think I am going to refrain for a bit. I want the weather to return to perfection. I think I appreciate it more when I don’t go out as often. Ah, the joys of being a Single woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment