Monday, April 12, 2010

April Happenings

Very incommunicado lately, here is what I have been up to.
House Update:
All quiet on the Western Front (remember that book?) Nothing is happening, Just waiting for close. The appraisal is set for this week, because there are 31 days in July there were some minor changes in the close date, but everything is at this point great. NOW I just have to stop myself from shopping like mad. I am currently looking at Formica samples (i want to redo the kitchen) and paint colors for the dining room. This is the FUN part. I also did a drive-by a few times last week, I love daydreaming about what I will be doing there in a few months. It’s all so exciting.
Godmother:
I am much too young to be a Godmother. I know, but I AM!! Karyn asked me to be her Godmother to her newest daughter. When I look at her, I am so much in love with this little girl. I see the future, I see promise, I just hope she comes to me and asks me questions and I show her what is positive about her spiritual journey. I don’t know HOW to Godmother but I hope to do her justice. I am working on a special gift for her – its bringing out my arts and crafty side.
Bon Jovi:I was fortunate enough to get tickets to Bon Jovi at the Excel last week. We were in a Suite so we were not down on the floor but the view was amazing! I did really enjoy the show. I am not much of a Bon Jovi fan. I am sorry – I am not (I know about 4 songs, and its mostly drunken Karaoke times) My take: It was a masterful show. He got so close to fans, and really was a great performer. Two observations: 1. People REALLY freaking love Bon Jovi. 2. Richie Sambora is old. When I saw Bon Jovi, I was like, he looks a bit short…I would guess like 5’9 at the tallest and – Richie Sambora appears to be in his middle 60s. Dude has not aged well.
Photo Shoot:
I took Headshots for another venture I am working on. Mums the word on exactly WHAT I am working on but I will share the photos if they turn out. I am no model. The photographer had to direct me, and Tyra would be mortified at how horrible I was. I got sick of smiling and gave up half way through it, and I think she took over 200 shots. I hope to get 5 good ones out of that.

Minnesota Wealth:
I am hosting a radio show! I am working alongside Clinton Gerner and Richard Bunin. They are the brains behind this whole operation. Shameless plug: It’s on myTalk 107.1 on Sundays from 3-4pm and I am TOTALLY excited. It’s all about finance, and learning more about it. How to get it, how to keep it, and how to protect your money. Let's get it straight people... I am not an expert on the issue of finance but I am definitely going to learn. I know a lot of people who already listen to it, so I am hopeful more people will tune in to listen to me. Just letting y'all know. I have years of experience as a reporter/anchor but Radio is a whole new ball of wax. I am excited and nervous but I know that I will make it my own. Thanks for the support, kids!

More Soon! I promise!!


Kelly

1 comment:

  1. You are WONDERFUL!! I love how diverse you are and how you are sharing your knowledge and style with the world!! You GO GIRL!! If I can support you in ANY way you just let me know!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete