Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Resolutions 'N Stuff

Every January its inevitable that everyone is fretting over New Years resolutions. I am one of those people. It's definitely not difficult to decide what things I can do better. Or "work" on. Which is the lazy way of saying you need to do something without completely committing. So I came up with a slight list of the things I definitely need to do to be a better, happier, more productive person in 2010.

1. Get Healthy
Eat better, workout, less putting my body through the wringer. People have this awful perception that I am healthy because I am have a slimmer frame. Untrue. Everyone can tone, and tighten and this year is the year I am going to do it. Plus I want to get the asthma and allergies under control. Take that not being able to breathe!!

2. Do It.
I always over-think. I always consider every reason to say NO and I need to stop. Some of the best times I have had in my life have been unplanned. I need to start taking my mantra to heart. I will be more disappointed by the things I don't do. So I am going to change that. Money is no object. Maybe.


3. Get a PT job
I don't technically need another job. Its more time away from Hendrix and less time to just chill out. BUT I really have a desire to get back into the medical field. I feel like there is something there. I worked previously in Houston in a Level-1 hospital in the Shock Trauma ICU. There was a lot of gun shot wounds, stab wounds, people run over, and it was intense. One of the best jobs I have ever had. I miss the intensity, and being a part of something I felt like that was truly helping others. (Even in a slight way)

4. Rekindle a Relationship
This shouldn't be a resolution but really. It is.
I am sick of my friends trying to set me up. I am sick of people commenting on how it amazes them that I am still single. Listen. I am. And its cool. If I need help/advice/set-up's/or seconds I will most definitely ask. I think I can do this on my own without the help of eharmony (thanks for the suggestion mom) match, yahoo dating, fish in the sea, and craigslist. I am good. I promise, and if I do need to run for the hills to find a man I will.

5. Be a BETTER me
There is no formula. No process. Just a desire to do unto others.
I can dish it and take it. I want to manage not getting super pissed over non-sense. This *can* happen, right?


6. Learn Something NEW
Those Community Ed books that come to the house, I always read through it. Always want to take a class and never do. This time I am going to do it. I need to learn something new. Something that will benefit me. I am going to do it.

I really think I can do it. I am going to have a positive attitude about it. Work it, Baby.
xoxo,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment