Tuesday, September 7, 2010

BPC: Day One

I reluctantly decided to do a cleanse for my buddy Melissa Specken. (@MelissaSpecken) if you are the twitter type. I am not your normal beauty regiment type of girl. I actually don’t usually participate in fad diets, or anything of the sort. So when she asked if I would do it, I jumped and said YES! I was excited, especially after State Fair time. I indulged a little too much. So when the juices were delivered in their tidy, cute, and modern bottles I was stoked. Day One Here I come!
When I woke up I was looking forward to a granola bar or something light. Oh wait. I have something very light… 6 juices!!

1: Green Juice: this stuff is NASTY. It took me over an hour to slug this down. It is gross. Here is the juicy breakdown: romaine, celery, cucumber, apple, spinach, kale, parsley and lemon. First of all. Yuck. I hate this juice. It tastes like I shoved old lettuce in my mouth.
I was getting hungry and I felt like every time I looked up I saw an ad for some type of tasty delicious meal. I started up with my 2nd drink of the day.

2. P.A.M Yummy Yum time. This juice was a welcome change from the yuck-ola drink I slammed down before. This one was a light juice of Pineapple, Apple, and Mint. Yum. It was so light and refreshing; it tasted similar to a mojito. This took me less than 45 minutes to get down. I had to slow down from slurping it all up.

My energy level was low. I also had a lull headache. It wouldn’t go away. I felt really sluggish and wanted to just stay on the couch. I was tired and funny feeling. And not in the good way. I was dreaming about Shrimp Scampi. I think I saw a Red Lobster commercial.

3: Green Juice (Again) I don’t know. I hate this. I want to quit. This green juice is hellish. If I had to bottle hell it would be labeled green juice.
It was about 4pm by now, and I was increasingly worried that I wasn’t drinking fast enough. I didn’t want to speed drink but once one was done, I was onto the next. Unsure if this is okay but I went with it.

4: Spicy Lemonade: This one wasn’t bad; I thought it tasted like Lemonade. It has a hint of Cayenne pepper, and filtered water with Lemons. It is very Master Cleanse if you know what I am talking about. I didn’t mind this juice at all. It was actually pretty tasty.
My stomach started to ache. I don’t know if I am hungered or what. I also had to pee all the time. I was constantly going to the bathroom. Only pee. I would tell you if anything else happened.

5: CAB. I hate you. This is a mixture of Carrot, Apple, and Beets. I think. I don’t know. I refused to look at the bottle. This was like grinding up dirt, with food coloring, and then shaving a carrot in there. It was not nice. It also had a thick consistency. It wasn’t as terrible as “Green Juice” but – at this point in the day I was hungry so drinking it wasn’t a big deal.

6: Coconut Milk: Water, Raw Cashew, Vanilla Bean, Cinnamon, And Agave. I heard from Melissa (my new cleanse guru) that this was the best juice of the day! I was so excited to drink it. I was not disappointed. It tasted like a milky, sweet, goodness. It was so good! Yum. Good end to my first day of cleansing. *BUT* I didn’t finish the whole bottle. I think it was a little too much for me.

So far so good. I felt okay going to bed. Day 2 – and I have to head to work. So I hope everything goes well.  Want to learn more? The BluePrintCleanse website is top-notch.
Even more information and access to testimonials
Check it out here: http://blueprintcleanse.com/

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment