Monday, September 27, 2010

Crock Pot Chili

Just in time for the fall -- I whipped out my crockpot to create some chili before the Vikings game on Sunday. I will admit it. I am not much of a chef. I experiment very little in the kitchen. But this seemed easy enough...a dump and pour -- something I could not fail at.
Outcome? Kinda successful. The chili was good, a little bit bland -- I should have added some sea salt or more chili powder. There wasn't much pow!! I will season the ground beef a little bit heavier next time.

Another side note, I need more friends. I called/texted about a half dozen people who all were "busy" and didn't accept the offer to taste my Chili. Except Tiffany. She enjoyed it and even got to take some for lunch the next day. The downside of being fabulous and single is that I have chili for days y'all....I froze 2 tupperwares full and have some in the fridge...Guess what I am eating for the next few days? Yum. Here is the recipe, If you make it tell me what you think.

xoxo, Kelly


Christy’s Chili




2 lbs ground beef


29 oz can kidney beans (with liquid)


29 oz can pinto beans (with liquid)


29 oz can tomato sauce


1 cup diced onion


1/2 C diced green chilies


3 medium tomatoes or one large can of diced


1 1/2 tsp black pepper


2 C water


2 tsp salt


3 T chili powder


1/4 C diced celery


2 tsp cumin


Brown ground beef until done and drain off fat. In large pot (or crock pot), combine the beef plus all remaining ingredients. If in pot, bring to a simmer over low heat and cook, stirring every fifteen minutes, for two to three hours.


If in a crock pot, stir to combine and cover. Cook on low 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment